Termination of Parental Rights Attorneys in Conroe, Texas

If you are a parent of a child your rights and duties to that child may be “terminated” by a Court if there is legal cause and the termination is determined by a Judge or Jury to be in the child’s “best interest.” However, you cannot voluntarily terminate your parental rights and responsibilities to a child just because you want to. Both mother and father may agree to terminate the parental rights to a child under certain circumstances, but that decision must be approved by a Judge. A parent’s rights and responsibilities to a child may also be terminated involuntarily (against the parent’s wishes) for good cause. Texas law provides several “grounds” (reasons) for taking this action such as failure to pay child support, abandoning the mother while she is pregnant with the child, failing or refusing to visit the child, murdering the other parent of the child, and more.

Get Legal Assitance for Parental Rights Matters

Contact the Firm

The Bloodworth Law Firm, P.L.L.C., can examine your unique situation and advise you on whether you have “grounds” to terminate a parent’s rights to their child against that parent’s will. The Bloodworth Law Firm, P.L.L.C. can also help you negotiate an agreement with the other parent to “voluntarily” terminate parental rights, and assist you in getting that agreement approved by a Judge. Termination of a parent’s rights also terminates that parents “responsibilities” regarding that child, such as paying child support, providing medical care, and may in certain situations cut off the child’s right to inherit from that parent. However, any previously ordered child support payments that have been ordered but not paid must be paid even after a Court has terminated a parent’s rights and responsibilities to a child. Additionally, it is legally possible for a parent whose rights to a child have been terminated to still have that child inherit from that terminated parent at that parent’s death. If you are looking for a termination of parental rights lawyer, then call the Bloodworth Law Firm.