DUI Attorneys in Conroe, Texas

In 2015, there were 518,577 crashes, of those crashes 3,610 involved drunk drivers or 27% of the total number of automobile crashes. Of those 3,610, there were 960 people killed. Of those 960 deaths, 639 were the drunk driver themselves, 154 were passengers in the drunk driver’s vehicle, 124 were passengers, or sober drivers in the other vehicle with sober drivers, and 43 were pedestrians or cyclists on the public sidewalk or other public areas. During 2015, more DUI – Alcohol crashes were reported in the hour between 2:00 am and 2:59 am than any other hour of the day. If you or a loved one has been killed or injured by a drunk driver call the Bloodworth Law Firm, P.L.L.C. For over 25 years the Bloodworth Law Firm, has been helping families heal and get all the compensation they deserve after being devastated by meeting a drunk driver.

Driving Drunk is a Crime in Texas

Some Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)’s are Felonies and some are only misdemeanors depending on the circumstances. Drunk drivers can and should face criminal charges for their actions. However, under Texas law, a driver will likely be charged with a felony if a victim in a DWI or DUI accident suffered severe bodily injury or died. After a driver gets two (2) separate DWI convictions in any amount of time the 3rd and every additional DWI arrest can be charged as a Felony and can subject the drunk driver to actual prison time. There is no statute of limitations on the number of prior DWI’s, and every DWI that a driver has ever received, even if it has been 20 years ago, can be counted for purposes of charging a driver with Felony DWI.

Killing Someone in A Drunk Driving Crash Is a Crime

Causing the death of a person while driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a crime known as intoxication manslaughter and is punishable by jail time in the State of Texas. In some cases, the drunk driver could even be charged with Murder!

Protect Your Future After a Charge

Schedule a Consultation

If the Drunk Driver Was Arrested, You Need to File Suit

If you or a loved one is a victim of a drunk driving accident you need to speak with a drunk driving crash attorney as soon as possible following the crash. Filing a personal injury lawsuit may seem unnecessary if the drunk driver was arrested and is being charged with a criminal case. However, the only way for victims of car or truck accidents involving drinking and driving can obtain compensation for their losses is to file a civil personal injury case with a private attorney. The Bloodworth Law Firm, P.L.L.C., has over 25 years of experience in fighting for justice for the victims of drunk drivers. The Bloodworth Law Firm, P.L.L.C. doesn’t charge a fee for their services, unless we win your case or negotiate a settlement that you agree to. Remember, a criminal charge or conviction for drunk driving does not provide victims and their families with any money to cover the many expenses they struggle with following the crash. Expenses such as:

  • Hospital bills and rehabilitation costs

  • Expenses for an in-home nurse, caregiver or nursing home if you or your loved one’s injuries prevent living independently without assistance from others

  • Loss of income, because you can no longer work due to crash related injuries

  • Funeral and burial expenses in the case where a loved one died in the crash or from injuries they received in the DWI crash.

We at the Bloodworth Law Firm, have filed many civil lawsuits, and can file a civil lawsuit to help you and your family hold negligent individuals and businesses accountable for the medical costs, lost income and other expenses that they could have to deal with because of the incident.

If you or a loved one have been involved in a drunk driving crash, and the DWI driver was arrested, you do not have to wait until the criminal case is concluded before filing a civil lawsuit. One benefit to filing a civil lawsuit is that the burden of proof is different than it is in criminal cases. It is often easier for victims in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits to obtain a favorable verdict or settlement than it is for the States attorney to obtain a criminal conviction of the drunk driver.

Sometimes a drunk driver is not charged or convicted of an intoxication crime. Just because the driver was not charged with DWI does not mean that you and your loved ones injured by the drunk driver cannot file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you or a loved one have been injured by a drunk driver, you should still contact the Bloodworth Law Firm, and consider filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit against the driver responsible for the crash, immediately. Valuable evidence you will need at trial to prove your case may be lost without the guidance and counsel of an experienced Drunk Driving Attorney like the Bloodworth Law Firm, P.L.L.C. Call today, remember there is no charge unless we win your case or get you the compensation you agree to.

Dram Shop Act

If you host a party at your business or home, and someone who attended your party gets drunk, drives, and kills someone in a crash: you, the party host could be held responsible, because you served the driver alcohol. This kind of responsibility is known as Dram Shop Act cases. If you host a party or function where alcohol is served, you should understand the danger you face and put in strict controls over the access to and the amount of alcohol consumed by your guests. You should also consult with your insurance provider and ensure that you are covered for any liability that you may face as a homeowner or business owner for serving alcohol to guests. Additionally, you should be aware that it is illegal to serve alcohol to minors (children under the age of 21) and you could be fined, jailed, and made to pay money damages if you serve alcohol to teenagers or other underage drinkers and someone is injured. You should check all identification to ensure that all party goers are of age before granting admittance to your home or the party venue.

If you or a loved one have been injured by a drunk driver who was driving from a party or function where alcohol was served, then call the Bloodworth Law Firm, P.L.L.C.